Olá, Visitante. Por favor entre ou registe-se se ainda não for membro.
Perdeu o seu e-mail de activação?

28 de Março de 2024, 11:49

Entrar com nome de utilizador, password e duração da sessão

309 Visitantes, 0 Membros

Autor Tópico: Um outro neerlandês :)  (Lida 48064 vezes)

Offline SMAP

• Stage V
  • Actividade:
    0%
    • Comunidade SAAB Portuguesa
Re: Um outro neerlandês :)
« Responder #15 em: 19 de Fevereiro de 2014, 23:52 »
TesZero, eu pensei no aréa da Figueira da Foz (Buarcos, Quiaios)
Preciso a água perto de mim  ;)
Eu sou originalmente da provinçia da   Para visualizar hiperligações por favor faça LogIn (= Pais do Mar). Mais correto:   Para visualizar hiperligações por favor faça LogIn (Não, não fica na Bélgica  :P)

Well then you will have a hard task to decide were to live, there's a lot of places with beaches nearby :D

I know about the crisis in PORTUGAL, so are The Netherlands.
Ok for you it's worse and I hope you can handle sarcasm, it's not really the Dutch government helping PORTUGAL, Greece, ireland and Spain, it's the citizens, the government just knocks the money out of their citizen's pockets by increasing taxes and decreasing allowances. Sounds familiar, doesnt it? lol
So we have a joke when the government needs more money from us, we say
I will emigrate to PORTUGAL, my money is already there (in the original joke it was Greece, but I adapted it to the situation  ;) )

Yes, you're right your money is in PORTUGAL ... but on the politicians and bankers pockets ...

A manha, a manha  ;D

You probably met to say "Tomorrow, Tomorrow" which translates to "Amanhã, Amanhã". You wrote "A morning, a morning"

A vida neerlandês é como isso: rápido, rápido!!!  :(

From my example I can say to you that my life was a lot more stressful in PORTUGAL than in Munich where I've been living for the past 6 years.

If you wonder why I never use "olandês", that's because if we talk about the people we call "olandêses" we mean the people from the provinces of North Holland and South Holland. I have my pride  :)))

We normally say "Holandês" from "Holanda", you will find also in PORTUGAL some rivalry between regions ... some members call me Moroccan because I from Lisbon :D

And watching Portuguese TV, but they should put the inventor of geoblocking in jail. Sometimes I can watch RTP on the inthernet other times I can't. RTP on Demand is no problem though.
I now watch every day an episode of Hotel 5 Estrelas, but that's quite different Portuguese than the Portuguese I hear in the news.
It's easier to follow the news than to follow Hotel 5 Estrelas. Is the Portuguese in Hotel 5 Estrelas from a certain area in PORTUGAL and linked to a dialect? Tenho muitos problemas para entender ::)

I'm so far away from PORTUGAL and Portuguese TV that I had to look for what the hell is "Hotel 5 Estrelas" -   Para visualizar hiperligações por favor faça LogIn - from what I saw that is normal (for me being from Lisbon) Portuguese (no Northern accent). On the Northern part of PORTUGAL they normally tend to change the "B" by the "V" when talking. Not writing, although I know a member that thought that "cam-rod" from the engine was written "viela" instead of "biela", "viela" means small street not cam-rod ("biela") :D

Offline O Coelhinho

• Stage I
  • Actividade:
    0%
« Responder #16 em: 20 de Fevereiro de 2014, 10:05 »
SMAP are you Portuguese or German?

Minha ex-namorada came from Porto, she said the southerners have an accent. ;D
Pronouncing the s more like "sh" than "s"
I live now in a zone with very heavy industries, when I was in Porto with my girlfriend, she noticed the farther away we were from Porto, my chronic cough got less.
I still remember that. That's also a reason to move to PORTUGAL.
I have Belgian friends that lived in PORTUGAL, so my first holiday in PORTUGAL was a free one  ;).
They still have the house there, but it's so the middle of nowhere there it wouldn't be a place for me to live: Castelo Novo.
But I did encounter the daily life there, Portuguese life style.  I know a lot of villagers went to the cafe, but I don't remember if that was during the work break or after work. I visited  the neighbours (5 kms away hidden in the forest) together with my Belgian friends. That was also my first encounter with bacalhau Portuguese style.

This was of course a rural place, I have no idea how this goes in the bigger cities.

Offline SMAP

• Stage V
  • Actividade:
    0%
« Responder #17 em: 20 de Fevereiro de 2014, 10:35 »
SMAP are you Portuguese or German?

100% Portuguese :D
100% "Alfacinha" (nickname given to persons from Lisbon)

Minha ex-namorada came from Porto, she said the southerners have an accent. ;D

She was right, the southerners have an accent ... the correct accent :D . You should listen to people from Azores (Portuguese Island archipelago) talking, even the Portuguese from Continental PORTUGAL have problems understating it.

I live now in a zone with very heavy industries, when I was in Porto with my girlfriend, she noticed the farther away we were from Porto, my chronic cough got less.
I still remember that. That's also a reason to move to PORTUGAL.
I have Belgian friends that lived in PORTUGAL, so my first holiday in PORTUGAL was a free one  ;).
They still have the house there, but it's so the middle of nowhere there it wouldn't be a place for me to live: Castelo Novo.
But I did encounter the daily life there, Portuguese life style.  I know a lot of villagers went to the cafe, but I don't remember if that was during the work break or after work. I visited  the neighbours (5 kms away hidden in the forest) together with my Belgian friends. That was also my first encounter with bacalhau Portuguese style.

This was of course a rural place, I have no idea how this goes in the bigger cities.

The main issue with living far from big urban centers is to get a job that pays enough to live. The other option is to do a lot of Km per day to get to work, that's what I had to do when I lived in Peniche and worked in Lisbon.

Living in Munich I only have to take the subway to work and it takes me 25 minutes, no need for car or traffic stress ... if I lived more near my work place I would even came with the bicycle, as many persons do.

Offline O Coelhinho

• Stage I
  • Actividade:
    0%
« Responder #18 em: 20 de Fevereiro de 2014, 11:03 »
Peniche, don't tell me you're a surf instructor lol.
Ok I'll be honest but I don't like to tell it really because it's kind of private.
Due to my heart disease I get a disability payment and I have no obligation to apply for a job.
I had a heart attack when I was 37 and crashed my car into the middle guard rail of the highway.
I was very lucky to have two road inspectors driving behind me and who saw it happen, so they immediately started CPR. And probably because being in a Saab 9000 and not in some matchbox car like a Nissan Micra also helped me survive.
I did try to work and worked for the Dutch postal services for one and a half year. It appeared to be too heavy. After another serious arrythmia I asked for a few days off, thus not even sick leave. It was not possible. I now survive thanks to an implantable defibrillator
I used to be very flexible, but if the boss doesn't want to be flexible then my flexibility comes to an abrupt end as well  :||
So I decided to stop.
I can take the disability payment with me to PORTUGAL. It's hardly enough to survive in The Netherlands, but enough to survive in PORTUGAL.
I was a taxi driver when I got the heart attack (I was not at work when it happened, it was my own car).
I liked that job very much despite the fact it didn't pay well.
Dutch law forbids me to work in passenger transportation because I have an implantable defibrillator  >:(
Living on a disablility payment doesn't mean I don't want to do something for society.
But it does give me the opportunity to move to PORTUGAL. Away from the pollution.
As you can see in one of my photos I have a grippet (It's not a real whippet, it's a hybrid greyhound/whippet)
I might go do some volunteer work with dogs.

Offline SMAP

• Stage V
  • Actividade:
    0%
« Responder #19 em: 20 de Fevereiro de 2014, 12:00 »
I can take the disability payment with me to PORTUGAL. It's hardly enough to survive in The Netherlands, but enough to survive in PORTUGAL.

I can fully understand you point. My advice to you, if you want to have a SAAB in PORTUGAL is to move somewhere nearby a good SAAB mechanic which is hard to find. Since you can move anywhere and you're used to a colder weather (being from the Netherlands), move to the Northern part of PORTUGAL where life is cheaper than Lisbon Area.

Algarve is also cheap to live, but you will hardly find mechanic that knows a SAAB well.

Offline O Coelhinho

• Stage I
  • Actividade:
    0%
« Responder #20 em: 20 de Fevereiro de 2014, 12:27 »
Haha, boa reposta.

The Algarve was the first region I thought of, but then I realized it would be too hot for me in summer.
Apart from having a Saab specilalist nearby, it's also important for me to have a hospital nearby with a very good cardiology department. They must be able to read out my ICD.
This is actually one of the reasons I opt for Figueira, because this is more or less halfway Porto and Lisbon. And near Coimbra.
And to not be too far away from an international airport if I have to return to The Netherlands for urgent reasons.
Most time I will go on holidays to my homeland by car though. Where I am from it's pretty rural and public transportation only goes to places where you do not have to be and at the wrong times.
I find it driving too far from The Algarve to The Netherlands as well. 1800 kms (from Figueira) is enough

Offline castelar

• Stage IV
  • Actividade:
    0%
« Responder #21 em: 20 de Fevereiro de 2014, 13:59 »
Hi
The truth is only one, the best part of PORTUGAL to live is in the North:

Best landscapes

Best food

Best hospital - Coímbra "Hospitais da Universidade de Coímbra" (I also do a heart surgery and had to get myself an artificial mitral valve) I have to take warfarin which prevents me from getting too far away from a good hospital, because I have to do INR control, to have a good level of anticoagulation blood

The North has the best of everything, even the most beautiful girls

Best city to live is my town: - Guimarães - Cidade Berço ;) ;)

Abraço
« Última modificação: 20 de Fevereiro de 2014, 14:02 por castelar »
  • Saab 95 - 2,3T Aero - 2000
  • Saab 900 S - 2,0 Cabriolet-1994
  • SAABsPORTUGAL.com - O melhor sítio sobre SAAB em PORTUGAL
:9-5: saabsportugal.com :NG900Cabrio: Fórum Saab em PORTUGAL

Offline O Coelhinho

• Stage I
  • Actividade:
    0%
« Responder #22 em: 20 de Fevereiro de 2014, 14:17 »
Oh are we going to be chauvinistic?  :P

I am from here. I was born and raised in the village called Sluiskil, but I am living 7 kilometres up north in Terneuzen sinds 17 years

Para visualizar hiperligações por favor faça LogIn

The film below I made myself

The bigger town with the canal, the locks and the wide estuary is Terneuzen
« Última modificação: 20 de Fevereiro de 2014, 14:21 por O Coelhinho »

Offline castelar

• Stage IV
  • Actividade:
    0%
« Responder #23 em: 20 de Fevereiro de 2014, 14:24 »
Yes it is also beautiful, but more industrially.

Offline O Coelhinho

• Stage I
  • Actividade:
    0%
« Responder #24 em: 20 de Fevereiro de 2014, 14:49 »
O estrangeiro em Guimarães  ;D

My dictionaries aren't helping me:

What is a "pinhal"
What is the Portuguese word for fence? And then I mean an iron or aluminium fence.
Something like this:

« Última modificação: 20 de Fevereiro de 2014, 16:33 por O Coelhinho »

Offline TesZero

• Stage VI
  • Actividade:
    0%
    • Comunidade Saab
« Responder #25 em: 20 de Fevereiro de 2014, 19:54 »
Pinhal is a group of Pine trees :)

Fence is a "cerca" in portuguese.

About your disease... i think it would be better to lieve close to porto...

Its is not a "normal" disease that you can travel 40 km in urgency to get help...

I work in on of the biggest hospitals in PORTUGAL, and a lot of people from Lisbon, coimbra, and even outside of PORTUGAL cames to be helped here...

Ofcouse when i say Porto... you dont need to leave really in porto... you have nice pleaces close to it like Leça da Palmeira, Matosinhos, Vila Nova de gaia, etc, etc....

But houses in Porto are very cheap to rent and to buy...

In city center they "almost" offer it.... because desertification...

if you came here i holidays, just notice us, you will be very wellcome :)

Regards
SAABsPORTUGAL - Comunidade SAAB em PORTUGAL

Offline Kriticross

• Stage III
  • Actividade:
    0%
    Condeixa-a-Nova / Coimbra / Aveiro / Guarda / Leiria
« Responder #26 em: 20 de Fevereiro de 2014, 20:38 »
Is true
The best hospitals in PORTUGAL are:
 -"Sao Joao" - Oporto
 -"HUC - Hospitais da Universidade de Coimbra" - Coimbra
  • Saab 9-5 2.0T 1998
  • Opel Astra Caravan 1.7CDTI 105cv 2005
  • Honda - XL1000V Varadero - 2010
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

:92001: oooooOOOOO

Offline O Coelhinho

• Stage I
  • Actividade:
    0%
« Responder #27 em: 21 de Fevereiro de 2014, 19:57 »
Ok, obrigado para vos (suas?) respostas.

I have tried to find the rules for the Portuguese car inspection (IPO I believe), but I can't find them.
Probably because I simply don't know the keywords to use.
How are the rules for extra lights?
And then I mean is it allowed to have sidemarkers, even if the car was not originally equipped with them?
If they are allowed.

1 Amber for the front, amber for the rear?
2 Amber for the front, red for the rear?

Both are allowed in The Netherlands.

What's the Portuguese word for sidemarker? O luz do lado? (Wild guess without dictionary  ;) )

Offline castelar

• Stage IV
  • Actividade:
    0%
« Responder #28 em: 21 de Fevereiro de 2014, 21:05 »
I think you mean the turn signal lights.

Têm que ser âmbar tanto na frente como atrás, mas só a lâmpada não o farolim (but only the bulb not the taillight).

Abraço

Offline O Coelhinho

• Stage I
  • Actividade:
    0%
« Responder #29 em: 21 de Fevereiro de 2014, 22:22 »
Não

São as luzes da presença laterais
The amber one in the bumper, all Volvo's from halfway the 90's have them

USA Saabs have them, too

Red on the rear (but according to   Para visualizar hiperligações por favor faça LogIn it's allowed to have them red at the rear in Europe, too)

Art 3.14
âmbar; no entanto, é admitido o vermelho se a luz de presença lateral mais recuada estiver agrupada ou combinada ou incorporada reciprocamente com a luz de presença da retaguarda, a luz delimitadora da retaguarda, a luz de nevoeiro da retaguarda, a luz de travagem ou estiver agrupada ou compartilhar parte da superfície de saída de luz com o retrorreflector da retaguarda.

Now to come back to the indicators. I had red bulbs for the rear indicators. And you know the smoked glass of a 9000 is amber. However when they blinked they were red.
And that's exactly what the rules of the Dutch car inspection say:

Indicators on the rear side must radiate amber or red

I know this is also permitted by the European directive, but I can't find it right now.
It's also allowed to let sidemarkers blink as an extra repeater if they blink simultaneously with the indicator on the same side.
And that I also can't find right now  :(

I don't know how it is in PORTUGAL, but here a private garage can do the inspection when they are recognized by the RDW (equivalent of your IMTT).
The private garages are random checked by an inspector from the RDW to check if the car was inspected conforming the rules.
Last time I brought my 9000 to the APK (=IPO), there was a random check on it.
I had the red bulbs for my rear indicators in. No comment. Apart from a headlight that had had its best time, but was given the benefit of the doubt.
The only comment I got, was that the brake tubes for a car of that age (18,5 years) were still very good. The RDW inspector said: On a Volvo that age they would already have needed replacement. ;D
The whole car was still very good. I actually sold it because I wasn't very happy with this:

And we don't even have mountains here  :o